Your UPSIDE CFO TeamWe're here to serve your business and help you grow in the years to come
CEO & Founder
Brian Lang embodies the kind of professional versatility that brings perspective – to our company and to yours. He has been a manager at a global accounting firm, a CFO for a $15mm enterprise, and a corporate controller for an organization with $125mm in annual revenue. Between those positions alone, he has executed over $200mm in acquisitions.
Experience: Every stage of business growth has its particular challenges and benefits. In previous roles, Brian prepared and presented audits, advised on timely close processes, established internal controls, implemented new accounting systems, developed budgets and other cost-saving measures, and created financial reporting protocol. Several years ago, Brian actively participated in the IPO process for 3 companies.
Education: Brian received his Bachelors and Masters of Accountancy from the University of Missouri, Columbia and he is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Entrepreneurship: Brian knows the life of a driven entrepreneur. In addition to UPSIDE CFO, he owns BlueSky Investment Group, a boutique real estate investment firm, and he continues to fulfill his dream of helping clients become financially prepared for the growth they want to achieve.
Enjoyment: When he’s not working, Brian loves to vacation with his family to Colorado and volunteer for local charities in the Austin, TX area.
Senior Accountant, CPA
Lindsay enjoys solving complex problems for clients, taking some of the details off their plate, and helping them grow. With over 12 years in public and corporate accounting, much of that in Fortune 500 companies, she brings a wealth of expertise in accounting and financial services. Lindsay specializes in financial reporting, internal controls, process improvements, and research/analysis.
- Enjoys working on the details so clients can focus on growing their business.
- Loves working with numbers and has a strong attention to accuracy.
- Lindsay was born and raised in Illinois, then moved to Kentucky to earn her BA in Accounting & Computer Information Systems from Murray State University, and currently resides in Austin, TX.
- When not working, you can find Lindsay exploring the Texas Hill Country with her husband and son, gardening, or working out.
Senior Tax Accountant, CPA
Shara excels in advanced tax planning & preparation for small to midsized business. Shara began her career as an auditor, working with notable government programs, such as the Texas Medicaid program and the Texas Lottery Commission. Over the next 17 years, she honed her forward-thinking tax strategies by working with non-profits, professional services, retail, entertainment, real estate, construction, and even religious institutions.
- Enjoys the challenges of industry specific tax law and its intricacies.
- Cleverly applies detailed tax plans to ensure maximum savings.
- Shara received her Bachelor’s in Accounting and Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor.
- When not saving money for Upside clients, Shara and her family spend their precious moments traveling, playing sports, and focusing on their nonprofit, The Willpower Community Foundation.
Zachary has a passion for bringing clarity to the financial reporting process for clients. With his diversified experience, including several years in public accounting at a major firm, international audit rotations, and a previous role in fund administration for private equity and real estate funds, Zachary brings a fresh and unique perspective to each client he serves.
- Enjoys helping clients clean up and dial in accounting processes to drive efficiency and accuracy.
- His broad knowledgebase and wide-ranging professional experiences allow him to look at things through multiple lenses to better assist clients.
- Zachary grew up in the Central Texas area and later moved to Austin, Texas where he received his BBA in Accounting from St. Edward’s University.
- In his free-time, Zachary enjoys playing guitar, watching live music, exercise classes, and travel photography.
Providing customized levels of service as your business grows.
As you build your team, we fill in the gaps
to provide leadership or execution as needed.