Your UPSIDE CFO TeamWe're here to serve your business and help you grow in the years to come
CEO & Founder
Brian Lang embodies the kind of professional versatility that brings perspective – to our company and to yours. He has been a manager at a global accounting firm, a CFO for a $15mm enterprise, and a corporate controller for an organization with $125mm in annual revenue. Between those positions alone, he has executed over $200mm in acquisitions.
Experience: Every stage of business growth has its particular challenges and benefits. In previous roles, Brian prepared and presented audits, advised on timely close processes, established internal controls, implemented new accounting systems, developed budgets and other cost-saving measures, and created financial reporting protocol. Several years ago, Brian actively participated in the IPO process for 3 companies.
Education: Brian received his Bachelors and Masters of Accountancy from the University of Missouri, Columbia and he is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Entrepreneurship: Brian knows the life of a driven entrepreneur. In addition to UPSIDE CFO, he owns BlueSky Investment Group, a boutique real estate investment firm, and he continues to fulfill his dream of helping clients become financially prepared for the growth they want to achieve.
Enjoyment: When he’s not working, Brian loves to vacation with his family to Colorado and volunteer for local charities in the Austin, TX area.
Senior Accountant, CPA
&Lindsay enjoys solving complex problems for clients, taking some of the details off their plate, and helping them grow. With over 12 years in public and corporate accounting, much of that in Fortune 500 companies, she brings a wealth of expertise in accounting and financial services. Lindsay specializes in financial reporting, internal controls, process improvements, and research/analysis.
- Enjoys working on the details so clients can focus on growing their business.
- Loves working with numbers and has a strong attention to accuracy.
- Lindsay was born and raised in Illinois, then moved to Kentucky to earn her BA in Accounting & Computer Information Systems from Murray State University, and currently resides in Austin, TX.
- When not working, you can find Lindsay exploring the Texas Hill Country with her husband and son, gardening, or working out.
Senior Accountant, CPA
Robert’s experience in helping startups grow makes him a great asset to the UPSIDE CFO team. Robert loves putting together financial models to help clients get private funding. He once helped grow a startup from $0 to over $2M in revenue in 2 years.
Operations Lead and Staff Support Specialist
Bringing a very diverse portfolio of experience in different industries and companies of all sizes (Oil & Gas, Mortgage, Finance, Consulting, University Teaching, Pet Services), Michael is the wearer of many hats to keep things running smoothly behind the scenes at Upside. Acting as a client liaison, project manager, and process development/improvement specialist, he is here to make sure things are working the way they should for both Upside and their clients.
- Superbly clever problem solver; strives to deliver swift solutions for anyone who needs them.
- Extremely tech-savvy. Can speak “computer!”
- Has a BA, MM, and nearly a Ph.D from the University of Oklahoma.
- Was an accomplished musician and educator in a former life.
We provide customized levels of service as your business grows.
As you build your team, we fill in the gaps and provide leadership or execution as needed.